Tip of the day…
August 19, 2005 Comments Off on Tip of the day…
If you awake on the morning of a special day to discover a red pimple on the tip of your nose, all hope is not lost. Here’s how to remedy an unwelcome pimple.
- Tempting as it is, don’t try to pop the pimple by squeezing, pinching, or picking at it. This will just inflame the pore and spread the oils that caused the pimple.
- Apply ice to the area for 2 minutes every half hour. This will help shrink the pimple and possibly reduce it to an invisible size.
- Apply a flesh-tinted acne medication that contains benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid or sulfur. Since these medications dry out the skin, apply only to the pimple area.
- If you’d like, use an oil-free powder to cover up the medicated area and reduce any shine.
- If the pimple is already coming to a head and it’s too late to use the ice treatment, use heat. Wash the area with soap and water. Apply a hot, damp compress to the pimple for 60 seconds. This increases circulation and helps bring the pimple to a head. Remove the compress and apply gentle pressure to drain the pimple; do not squeeze. If the pimple does not drain, reapply heat and try again. Do not force the pimple to drain. Wash the area with soap and water after pimple drains.
This is where I got this from… There’s some weird stuff out there on the web!