Air food: worth paying for?
August 28, 2008 Comments Off on Air food: worth paying for?
Do you remember the days that even for a flight less than 1 hour (London-Brussels), the cabin crew was serving you food and a little drink? Those were the days! And what was the cost? Very low I suspect (at least when they were giving sandwiches).
For continental flights, nowadays, we have to pay for our food if not in business/first or flex (SN’s way of ditching business). This leaves me wondering about a number of things…
- How much money do the airlines actually generate/recuperate with making us pay for a sandwich and a glass of water (Ibéria) or tonic
- How much food is thrown away after each flight?
- They must have enough food on board for everyone
- Not everybody buys food on the flights anymore…
- Hygiene and food safety must be important as they don’t want to give the passenger food poisoning
- How much more work does the cabin crew have now?
Photo by Th♥mås Lǔ ~ 24號到27號新加坡與雅加達