Places I visited and to-do list…
January 6, 2012 Comments Off on Places I visited and to-do list…
- Taj Mahal in Agra, India
- Piramids of Gizah in Egypte.
- Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
- Ankor What, Cambodja.
- Ha Long Bay, Vietnam
- Altiplano, Bolivia/Chile
- Aya Sofia, Turkey
- Venice, Italy
- Vatican City, Italy
- Coliseum, Rome
- Sixtine Chapel, Rome
- Acropolis, Parthenon, Greece
- Houses of Parliament, England
- Wat Phra Kao, Bankok, Thailand
- Eiffel Tower, Paris
- Louvre, Paris
- Uluru, Ayers Rock, Australia
- Statue of Liberty, NY, USA
- Sagrada Familia, Barcelona, Spain
- Sequioas, California, USA
- Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Sydney Opera House, Australia
- Djemaa El Fnaa, Morroco
- Golden Gate, SF, California
- Hermitage, Saint Petersburg, Russia</li>
- Petronas Towers, KL, Malaysia
Mont Saint-Michel -> Not done the one in France. But the monks left France for a much nicer area, Cornwall. There they built Saint Michaels Mount, let’s call it a v2.0. Well improved. Very pretty and much less touristic. So I’d add that to the list…
Most of the things listed above are indeed stunningly beautiful (my top favourites in bold), but it makes you wonder on what basis some other things were left out. Table Mountain is just one of them that is so remarkable and was even voted into the numerous world wonders, but didn’t make it in this list. And then there’s Las Vegas. How did that shit hole make it into the top 100 things to visit? Seriously!?!?
So for what it’s worth, I’ve done 26 out of the 100. Not bad to start with…
On the to-do list: all the rest, I suppose! Tanzania, New Zealand and Brasil up high on the list.